Every January, following the rush—both of the adrenaline and time varieties—of the holiday season, carrier rates see a price hike. This year is no different and we’re thrilled to bring you the updates, thanks to our partner ShipStation. They’ve tackled each of the big three carriers in the United States.
- Package Services, effective December 26, 2016
- Expect UPS Ground services to increase by an average of 4.9%.
- Expect UPS Air and International services to increase by an average of 4.9%.
- If your package’s longest side is over 48 inches (formerly 60 inches), the Additional Handling charge will be added to UPS Air and International packages.
- Come February 6, 2017, the fuel surcharge will be adjusted weekly.
- Retail rates and SurePost rates will also be increasing on December 26. Click here to see the new retail rates and the additional handling surcharge will apply to SurePost starting January 8, 2017.
- Click here to see how certain surcharges will be changing.