Determined to succeed in ecommerce? You aren’t alone.
But if you take the time to properly set up your systems, you’ll have a leg up on the competition, I promise. Here’s my simple but effective checklist for success:
- Define your product catalog. Know what your differentiators are—the uniqueness of your products, competitive prices, free shipping, how your products are bundled—so that you can stand out from similar items.
- Pick the right channels. If you’re selling from your own website, you’ll need to “pull” customers to your products. If you’re selling on marketplaces like Amazon and eBay, you’ll need to “push” your products, which means paying fees, and competing with pricing and shipping.
- Create streamlined workflows. If you’re not integrating and automating sales information into your accounting, inventory, and shipping systems, you can lose dozens of hours each week on data entry alone.
- Build ironclad fulfillment. A fulfillment system that is well-managed, accurate, and fast is the backbone of any e-commerce business.
- Be accountable. Take steps to properly track, validate, and pay sales tax properly with a proper accounting software and data automation so it’s all timely and accurate.