New Unify integration simplifies sync with leading solutions from ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Skubana, and SkuVault
Today we announced an enhanced integration with cloud accounting software company Xero (NZX: XRO, ASX: XRO) that makes syncing of financials, inventory, and shipping data with leading systems easier than ever.
The upgraded integration enables sellers to sync data between Xero and shipping apps such as ShipStation and ShippingEasy, quickly track revenue across sales channels, and record expenses and fees from marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay simply and accurately. In addition, new features allow sellers to better utilize the power of Xero’s built-in inventory capabilities by syncing price and quantity with online channels, and automatically building their inventory list in Xero from their sales channel data. Also with the new integration, sellers can keep up to date on vendor purchase orders when using advanced inventory tools such as Skubana or SkuVault.
It’s been a busy time at Webgility as we’ve upgraded both Unify cloud and desktop offerings. To enable businesses to be sustainable, profitable, and scalable, we’ve strengthened our products with these additional features.
Unify Enterprise Edition
- Users can now change how packing slips are displayed and the notifications sent to customers after shipping.
- We’ve increased the granularity of sales tax mapping down to individual counties.
- Users can now customize the dropship request to vendors and change the automation setting in other connected shipping tools.
- New integration! Walmart Marketplace has been added as a new sales channel (currently in Beta). If you’re interested in joining our Walmart Marketplace Beta program, click here.
- Xero (you asked for it…)
- ShipStation and ShippingEasy now sync to Xero.
- eBay and Amazon fees now sync to Xero.
- SkuVault and Skubana users can now sync vendor purchase orders in Xero.
- Wondering which item generates the biggest profit? We got this. You can now see the per-unit profit on an item as well as the total gross profit for that item over time.
- Users can now see a graph showing the average profit on orders over the last 30 days for each sales channel. Profits recalculate daily, allowing users to identify early trends and understand the impact of discounts, advertising, and special offers.
- You’ll never oversell again. You now have access to a new chart that shows how many days until an item will be out of stock.
- SKU and product name can now be toggled as the Unique ID in any of the graphs or reports that utilize inventory information.
- Go beyond general profit margins and understand through one of our unique analytics, which of your products generates the largest portion of your company’s overall profit. Investigate how this changes over time.
In addition to these notable upgrades, we’ve also given some attention to several usability features our customers have requested, such as consolidated syncing of bundled items, a preference screen, and a preview option for QuickBooks Online, to name just a few. Thank you for your feedback and please keep it coming. Your input improves the product.
Calling all SXSW SMBs! We’re thrilled to be co-hosting an e-commerce industry cocktail party with fellow e-commerce leader ShippingEasy at this year’s SXSW Conference and Festivals. The free event will occur on Monday, March 13, from 6:30-9:30 PDT at Salty Sow. Registration is now open.
At the party, we’ll serve up hearty business-building sustenance along with delicious food and drink. We’ll offer advice for SMBs looking to tap into the revolutionary tech stack, which will bring together best-of-breed software and systems to help SMB retailers build their own “virtual ERP.”
Createad an antidote to the “app fatigue” plaguing today’s online sellers, the tech stack that makes up our e-Commerce Ecosystem will bring efficiency and order to otherwise chaotic workflows and business operations. The tech stack, or virtual ERP, will empower retailers to focus on doing the things they love while scaling more easily than ever. In addition, until businesses reach revenue of $50 million, the virtual ERP will provide all the business intelligence, financial insight, and operational stamina of a larger, complex, and costlier integrated system.
Our executive team is looking forward to enlightening businesses about the future of e-commerce and—aided by some great food and cocktails—explaining how the virtual ERP can help cut their costs so they can grow. We hope to see you at SXSW, which is always one of our favorite stops in our spring travels. To schedule interviews or conference appointments with the Webgility team, please contact Eileen Conway at email@example.com.
Remove the hassle of e-commerce bookkeeping by integrating shipping and accounting
Today we’re thrilled to introduce Unify for ShippingEasy! This new offering will free online retailers from the hassle of bookkeeping for a multi-channel shipping operation by automating sales data and integrating it into their accounting solutions. Webgility’s industry-leading Unify software already makes it easy for sellers to build their business on any shopping cart or marketplace by connecting all revenue streams, expenses, and systems to have better perspective, make smarter decisions, lower costs, and simplify bookkeeping. Now, with Unify for ShippingEasy, e-commerce sellers can also vastly simplify shipping, even in their busiest seasons.
We think CEO of ShippingEasy Katie May put it best when she said, “Like ShippingEasy, Webgility is focused on streamlining e-commerce operations, and we are pleased to partner with them to take the accounting pain point out of shipping. Together, we will help online stores reach new levels of operational efficiency to help them increase profits.”
There are three main features of the new Unify for ShippingEasy:
- Accounting Sync: Unify for ShippingEasy allows businesses to achieve timely, accurate, and tax-compliant accounting. Stores can schedule and post all of their e-commerce sales and shipping information from ShippingEasy directly into QuickBooks or Xero. Users can choose to post individual sales or daily summaries while instantly closing the loop on their accounting activities by recording sales revenue, product costs, and shipping expenses within their accounting system for easy, complete reconciliation.
- Shipping Automation: Online stores can use Unify for ShippingEasy to consolidate orders from multiple sales channels, including all major marketplaces and platforms. This allows them to streamline workflows for accounting, order management, fulfillment, shipping, and inventory management, and enables instant cost comparisons between carriers based on type of product, weight, and geography.
- Multi-channel Selling: Unify for ShippingEasy helps companies easily increase their profits by having the opportunity to consider different marketplaces, sales channels, and platforms. The solution gives them confidence that their entire multi-channel business is seamlessly integrated with timely, accurate, and organized accounting. This unified perspective brings companies unprecedented control of their financial data and profit margins.