Affiliate Program Terms
Affiliate Program Agreement (updated Sept. 3, 2015)
The following is a list of our complete terms and conditions that apply to all members of the Webgility Affiliate Program "the Agreement", as between Webgility and the Affiliate (together, "the Parties").
Please read this agreement in its entirety. BY SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION FORM OR LINKING TO THE WEBGILITY WEBSITE YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE AGREED TO BE BOUND TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions are written in plain language intentionally avoiding legalese to ensure that they may be clearly understood and followed by affiliates. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. Affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change.
By using Webgility or any Webgility services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
As used in these terms and conditions:
- "We", "us", or "our" refers to Webgility and our website located at www.Webgility.com
- "You" or "your" refers to the Affiliate
- "Our website" refers to the Webgility properties
- "Your website" refers to any websites that you will link to our website
- "Program" refers to the Webgility Affiliate Program
- "Lead" shall mean any unique user that has signed up for a free trial introduced by you after actively promoting our website. A Lead cannot be a store opened and/or owned by you and you cannot seek commissions or compensation pursuant to this Agreement
- "Creative" Shall mean any marketing and/or promotional materials relating to Webgility and/or Webgility brands that are promoted by Webgility
After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. Please allow up to two business days for your application to be reviewed. We reserve the right to reject any application, however we encourage you to contact us if you feel we have made an incorrect decision. Including all of the websites that you use in your profile will help us make a better decision.
Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials.
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website. This includes toolbars, browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons.
Responsibilities of Affiliate
Your participating website(s) may not:
- You will use your best efforts to (a) promote and market us, and (b) identify prospective Leads for us. You shall bear all costs and expenses for such activities unless preapproved by us.
- You will make best efforts to introduce new customers to the Webgility brand. You will forfeit any commissions earned from customers that are already in discussions with us before your involvement.
- You will only use a linking codes obtained from the affiliate network without manipulation.
- Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
- All Creative used will be solely provided by us alone except where agreed to by us in writing in advance. The Creative shall be provided by us to you and accessible from Webgility Affiliate Program network. The creative materials we provide cannot be changed and must be used only to promote the Webgility brand.
- All email marketing campaigns must be pre-approved by us. If you would like to set up an email campaign, you may make a written request to us at email@example.com. If approved, you must comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and directives, including but not limited to those relating to e-mail marketing and "spamming". You shall (a) not send any e-mail regarding Webgility to any individual or entity that has not requested such information and (b) always include "unsubscribe" information at the top and bottom of any e-mail regarding Webgility, or the Webgility affiliate program.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided or your commission level will be set to 0%. This does not include using "out" redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms (which are identified below), including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content based campaigns on Google, MSN, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook or any other network.
- You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Webgility Coupons).
- You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display url.
- You may not direct link to our website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliate links must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than Webgility for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to 0% without warning if you engage in PPC trademark bidding that uses our trademarked terms.
Trademarked Terms: Webgility, Webgility.com, eCC
If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the affiliate program.
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (ie first time customers only) will result in removal from the program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
- You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from any non-affiliate marketing channel, including coupon codes from our email, paid search or any other non-affiliate advertising campaigns.
- You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if any items on the site are on sale, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from your site to get this deal.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders. The current rate is 2%.
Transaction Lock Dates
All sales will remain in a "sales pending period" and will not lock until 60 days following the date of transaction. All payments will be sent via Shareasale on the 20th of the month following the lock date. E.g.: Transaction occurs on 4/1, locks on 5/31, paid via Shareasale on 6/20.
Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited i.e. webgility.website.com or www.webgility-coupons.com
Promoting Webgility through a sub-affiliate network is permitted, however you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. Sub-affiliate networks must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the Webgility program adhere to our program terms and conditions. This includes restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as a pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also receive approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the Webgility program.
Failure to comply with our sub-affiliate network terms may result in a loss and/or reduction of commission from sales made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with our program terms.
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote Webgility to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post a link that says, "Simplify your e-commerce channels with Webgility"
- You ARE allowed to run Facebook ads with Webgility’s trademarked company name, but all ads must be pre-approved by us
- You are PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Webgility’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You are PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes Webgility’s logo in a way that would suggest it is an official account of Webgility.
FTC Disclosure Requirements
You shall include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our affiliate program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that you may be compensated for your review or endorsement.
The Federal Trade Commission in the United States ("FTC") has guidelines for governing endorsements and testimonials. These rules are aimed at increasing transparency between endorsers and consumers.
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC's "Dot Com Disclosures" Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf; and the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements. If you are in the United States you should stay up to date on the FTC laws that apply to you.