A busy holiday season is quickly approaching and there’s no better time to get ahead of your shipping strategy than right now! ShipStation strongly values the success of small business owners and entrepreneurs—and wants to help you stay as efficient as possible.
With holiday productivity in mind, ShipStation is excited to announce a Holiday Sweepstakes. They are rewarding ONE lucky winner to a dream workstation valued at $4,500, and four additional runner-ups to prizes that will help you become more successful!
One GRAND PRIZE winner receives:
- ShipStation FREE for 1 year
- 256gb Pro Tablet
- Thermal Printer + Labels
- $100 gift card
- Industrial Shipping Scale
- Barcode Scanner
- Hand Truck Dolly
- Tape Gun + Stickers + Branded Tape
- Support Visit from ShipStation + feature within our social community
- Weekly Prizes
Four (weekly) runner-up winners receive:
- $40 ShipStation swag
- $25 American Express gift card
It’s simple to enter AND you can earn up to five entries! Get started on the ShipStation Holiday Sweepstakes page. Sweepstakes starts on Sept. 28 and ends Oct. 25.
Enter the ShipStation Sweepstakes at shipstation.com/sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchasing does not improve your chances of winning. The ShipStation Holiday Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 or older, and businesses that are located within the 50 U.S. or D.C. and Canada (excluding Quebec). Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on 09/28/17 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 10/25/17. Click here for entry details and Official Rules. Sponsor: ShipStation, 3800 N. Lamar Blvd #220, Austin, TX 78756.
New Unify integration simplifies sync with leading solutions from ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Skubana, and SkuVault
Today we announced an enhanced integration with cloud accounting software company Xero (NZX: XRO, ASX: XRO) that makes syncing of financials, inventory, and shipping data with leading systems easier than ever.
The upgraded integration enables sellers to sync data between Xero and shipping apps such as ShipStation and ShippingEasy, quickly track revenue across sales channels, and record expenses and fees from marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay simply and accurately. In addition, new features allow sellers to better utilize the power of Xero’s built-in inventory capabilities by syncing price and quantity with online channels, and automatically building their inventory list in Xero from their sales channel data. Also with the new integration, sellers can keep up to date on vendor purchase orders when using advanced inventory tools such as Skubana or SkuVault.
One of the biggest decisions you’ll need to make as an e-commerce business owner is also the one that could make or break your financial freedom.
How you control and distribute the products you sell through your site is a critical choice you have to make during the outset of your business development. In this post, we’re going to find out if the dropshipping method can help you attain financial freedom, or if managing the ebb and flow of supply and demand would be better handled internally.
Managing a profitable e-commerce business is a process that requires strategy, resilience, and a fair bit of trial and error. The day-to-day logistics of your business could change dramatically in the first year, depending on how much you learn and how quickly you learn it. Making changes is scary but necessary—and the more you understand about your options, the fewer changes you’ll need to make.
For some creative e-commerce business owners such as artists, musicians, and carpenters— dropshipping doesn’t come into play. If you make the product you sell in house, you never need to consider wholesalers. However, if you create digital designs for your products but don’t manufacture them, a big decision will be how to cost-effectively manage the manufacture and shipping of your orders. Continue reading
Remove the hassle of e-commerce bookkeeping by integrating shipping and accounting
Today we’re thrilled to introduce Unify for ShippingEasy! This new offering will free online retailers from the hassle of bookkeeping for a multi-channel shipping operation by automating sales data and integrating it into their accounting solutions. Webgility’s industry-leading Unify software already makes it easy for sellers to build their business on any shopping cart or marketplace by connecting all revenue streams, expenses, and systems to have better perspective, make smarter decisions, lower costs, and simplify bookkeeping. Now, with Unify for ShippingEasy, e-commerce sellers can also vastly simplify shipping, even in their busiest seasons.
We think CEO of ShippingEasy Katie May put it best when she said, “Like ShippingEasy, Webgility is focused on streamlining e-commerce operations, and we are pleased to partner with them to take the accounting pain point out of shipping. Together, we will help online stores reach new levels of operational efficiency to help them increase profits.”
There are three main features of the new Unify for ShippingEasy:
- Accounting Sync: Unify for ShippingEasy allows businesses to achieve timely, accurate, and tax-compliant accounting. Stores can schedule and post all of their e-commerce sales and shipping information from ShippingEasy directly into QuickBooks or Xero. Users can choose to post individual sales or daily summaries while instantly closing the loop on their accounting activities by recording sales revenue, product costs, and shipping expenses within their accounting system for easy, complete reconciliation.
- Shipping Automation: Online stores can use Unify for ShippingEasy to consolidate orders from multiple sales channels, including all major marketplaces and platforms. This allows them to streamline workflows for accounting, order management, fulfillment, shipping, and inventory management, and enables instant cost comparisons between carriers based on type of product, weight, and geography.
- Multi-channel Selling: Unify for ShippingEasy helps companies easily increase their profits by having the opportunity to consider different marketplaces, sales channels, and platforms. The solution gives them confidence that their entire multi-channel business is seamlessly integrated with timely, accurate, and organized accounting. This unified perspective brings companies unprecedented control of their financial data and profit margins.