Our accounting integration software automates accounting for eBay sellers
Download transactions, refunds, and payouts from eBay to QuickBooks
● Post eBay sales and orders individually or group them as journal entries.
● Download and post orders by date range or order status.
● Sync sales around the clock — as often as every 15 minutes — and never fall behind.
● Automatically download and record refunds and payouts from your eBay store to QuickBooks.
Sync and optimize inventory between eBay and QuickBooks
● Update prices and quantities on your schedule.
● Sync fixed product prices and quantities between eBay and QuickBooks.
● Prevent overselling with our eBay end listing feature.
Understand your eBay fees, reconcile faster, and track essential metrics
● See monthly and daily sales performance by channel.
● Forecast seasonal trends and gain valuable insights into expenses, shipping costs, and other financial data.
● View predictive data up to 14 months in the future.
● Identify where your products are selling best using heat maps.
See the full list of automation features for your eBay account
FAQs about eBay accounting
Does QuickBooks sync with eBay?
Yes! QuickBooks syncs with eBay through cloud accounting and accounting automation solutions like Webgility. When you connect eBay with your accounting system, you can virtually eliminate manual tasks that are time-consuming and error-prone.
What accounting software integrates with eBay?
"QuickBooks is fully integrated with eBay. You can automatically sync your eBay transactions, see a breakdown of income, sales tax, and fees for each eBay transaction and keep everything organized in one place," according to eBay Seller Central. eBay may integrate with accounting software like Xero through third-party solutions.
What happens if I sell more than $600 on eBay?
As of November 2023, you will not receive a Form 1099-K if you sell more than $600 on eBay, thanks to the IRS's delay in implementing a new threshold requirement for third-party payment organizations.
"For tax year 2023, only eBay sellers who exceed the current reporting threshold of $20,000 and 200 transactions, had backup withholding applied in 2023, or are residents of states that have a lower reporting threshold will receive a Form 1099-K," according to an eBay release. The IRS expects to phase in a $5,000 threshold in 2024, according to IRS notice 2023-27.
How do I keep track of sales on eBay for taxes?
eBay calculates, collects, and remits sales tax on your behalf. If you make over $20,000 or complete 200 transactions on the platform in a calendar year, you'll receive Form 1099-K for your income taxes. You can access your form via Seller Hub or My eBay.
To download it from Seller Hub:
- Go to the Payments tab in Seller Hub.
- From the menu on the left, select Taxes.
- Select 1099-K details.
- Select Generate.
To download it from mY eBay:
- Go to Payments in My eBay.
- Scroll down to Payment reports and taxes.
- Select Form 1099-K.
- Select Request 1099-K detailed report.
If you run a multichannel business, automation software can help you download sales and refunds from eBay to your QuickBooks account. Automating this process can give you a more accurate picture of your eBay store's sales, losses, and expenses.
Why eBay for your ecommerce business?
eBay Inc., founded in 1995 in San Jose, California, is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognized consumer marketplaces. And it's a global commerce leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers in 190 markets worldwide. eBays supports economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes.